UKNOF47 Call For Presentations
UKNOF47 will take place online on 15 April. The Programme Committee are seeking content from the community for this meeting.
UKNOF's remit is "distribution of clue", and for our second meeting of 2021, we are looking for content which is both operationally timely and our "normal" operational remit.
We are planning for 3 - 5 hours for the whole event, including breaks. We are looking for a mix of formats:
- 15 or 25 minute presentations (followed by 5 minutes for Q&A)
- 15 or 25 minute live demonstrations (followed by 5 minutes for Q&A)
- 5 minute lightning talks (no Q&A)
- 45 minute panel sessions
We are keen for talks, demonstrations, and panels in these subject areas:
- Confessions & War Stories / Lessons learnt from the field
- Data centre design and operations
- DNS infrastructure
- Impact of public policy of network operations
- IPv6 deployment
- Logistics and communications infrastructure
- Network Automation and Tooling including SDN, Open Source initiatives
- Network hardware/software/configuration architecture, design and operations
- Open protocol standards and best practice initiatives
- Peering and interconnection / routing
- Personal/Network security, inclusiveness and abuse prevention
- Radio spectrum, broadcast and receiver devices
Please submit your proposals using the "Submit new abstract" option further down this page.
Submissions are welcome at any time, but for UKNOF47 we would like to have them no later than Friday 5 March 2021.
Our expected timeline is:
- Tuesday, 19 January 2021 - Submissions open via Indico
- Friday, 5 February 2021 - Initial Submission Review Starts
- Thursday, 25 February 2021 - Initial Contribution list published
- Friday, 5 March 2021 - Deadline for submission (23:59 UTC)
- Thursday, 18 March 2021 - Full agenda published
- Tuesday, 30 March 2021 - Deadline for slide deck submission and rehearsal date
- Thursday, 15 April 2021 - Meeting
Information for speakers about presenting and what to expect at UKNOF is available at https://wiki.uknof.org.uk/Speaker_Information. Please note:
- Your talk will be broadcast live and recorded for future reference
- Your presentation slides will be available for participants and others to download and refer to, before, during and after the meeting
- You will be expected to attend a rehearsal in the week running up to the workshop. This has been scheduled for Tuesday, 30 March 2021. It would be very useful to have your slides (even if draft) ready for this.
Note To preserve editorial neutrality, the UKNOF PC does not accept abstract submissions for presentations by commercial organisations that are also sponsors of the same UKNOF event. If you would like one of our sponsored presentation slots, please contact email@example.com.
UKNOF is run on a non-profit basis and is not in a position to reimburse expenses or time for speakers at its meetings.