DNS resolution is far from being resolved. The latest developments in standards bring not only significant security improvements but also additional configuration and management requirements. This presentation will sum up the latest related challenges and introduce benefits that all network operators can get out of it.
- DNSSEC - challenges and benefits:
- Examples of incidents during DNSSEC introduction and the case study of country-wide DNSSEC introduction from .sk TLD.
- DNSSEC as a benefit for the network-manager - DNSSEC can be beneficial not only for the user. It can be a great benefit for the internet provider or network-manager due to the NSEC3 negative caching.
- DoH and DoT demystified. Shall you support DNS over HTTPS and DNS over TLS? A brief but comprehensive excursion to the large topic.
- Advance caching features for improving service to users. How to reduce the impact or even solve 3rd party authoritative servers' outages: serve stale and prefetching.