The UKNOF PC is looking for a wide range of content for upcoming UKNOF events. Not just presentations but also
- innovative formats we have not thought of.
This is a call for content for our next event and events to follow that. The submissions page will open in due course.
The next UKNOF will take place in the autumn of 2021. It is likely to be a hybrid event with some people at a conference venue with many others participating interactively across the Internet.
The precise date is dependent on vaccination roll out and opening up of public spaces and gatherings.
UKNOF's remit is "distribution of clue", and we are looking to widen the pool of content for our diverse and inquisitive audience. We encourage proposals that include a time for Q&A.
Agenda slots can be as short as 10 minutes and as long as an hour.
This list is not exhaustive but indicates some of the topics our audience is interested in. Proposal for topics not on this list are also welcome:
- Computing and networking history
- Confessions and War Stories / Lessons learnt from the field
- Data centre design and operations
- Diversity and recruitment challenges ??
- DNS infrastructure
- Education and the Industry
- Impact of public (and other?) policy of (or “on”?) network operations
- IoT and (network, privacy, security) considerations
- IPv6 deployment
- Logistics and communications infrastructure
- Network Automation and Tooling including SDN, Open Source initiatives
- Network hardware/software/configuration architecture, design and operations
- Open protocol standards and best practice initiatives
- Peering and interconnection / routing
- Personal/Network security, inclusiveness and abuse prevention
- Radio spectrum, broadcast and receiver devices
- Covid19 Stories and Strategies
- Post Brexit War Stories and Strategies
- Privacy and Anonymity issues over the network
- Current Botnet threats
Please submit your proposals using the "Submit new abstract" when it is activated in due course.
To preserve editorial neutrality, the UKNOF PC does not accept abstract submissions for presentations by commercial organisations that are also sponsors of the same UKNOF event. If you would like one of our sponsored presentation slots, please contact email@example.com.
UKNOF is run on a non-profit basis and is not in a position to reimburse expenses or time for speakers at its meetings.