virtualUKNOF July 2020 Call For Presentations
The second virtualUKNOF will take place on 20 July (14:30 - 16:30 BST) in the ether, and the Programme Committee are seeking content from the community for this meeting co-hosted by both UKNOF and LONAP.
You may often hear it said that UKNOF's remit is "distribution of clue", and for our second fully remote meeting, we are looking for content which is both operationally relevant in light of the COVID-19 pandemic and our 'normal' operational remit.
The whole session is planned for around 90-120 minutes and with this in mind, we are looking for 5-6 presentations which are no longer than 15 minutes in length each. The remaining time will be used for questions, discussions and handovers.
Subject areas we are looking for include the following, but not limited to:
- data on traffic growth
- operational scaling and availability challenges
- infrastructure and skills bottlenecks
- supply chain challenges
- personnel & infrastructure protection
- security/disinformation threats, public education
- ideas that are helping
- lessons learned
- information from official channels
- universal access inequities
all within the wider areas of:
- Network operations
- Network architecture and design
- Networking hardware and software architecture
- Peering and interconnect
- Data centre design and operations
- IPv6 deployment
- Network monitoring and measurement
- New innovations in networking technology
- Open protocol standards
- Domain Name System infrastructure
- Network security and abuse prevention
- Impact of public policy of network operations
- Stories from the field
Please submit your proposals using the menu on the left. Submissions are welcome at any time, but for virtualUKNOF July 2020 we would like to have them no later than 3 July 2020.
If you had a talk accepted for UKNOF 46 and would like to move it to the July virtual meeting please drop us a note via firstname.lastname@example.org
Our expected timeline is:
- 4 June 2020 - Submissions open via Indico
- 19 June 2020 - Initial Contribution list published
- 3 July 2020 - Deadline for submission (23:59 BST)
- 6 July 2020 - Full agenda published
- 15 July 2020 - Deadline for slideset submission
- 20 July 2020 - Meeting
Information for speakers about presenting and what to expect at UKNOF is available at https://wiki.uknof.org.uk/Speaker_Information
Additional information for speakers of virtualUKNOF:
- your talk will be live broadcast and recorded for future reference
- your presentation slides will be available for delegates and others to download and refer to, before, during and after the meeting
Note that in order to preserve editorial neutrality and the best experience for our attendees and sponsors, the UKNOF PC cannot accept abstract submissions for presentations by commercial organisations that are also sponsors in any way of the same UKNOF event. If you would like one of our sponsored presentation slots, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that UKNOF is run on a non-profit basis, and is not in a position to reimburse expenses or time for speakers at its meetings.