UKNOF46 (January 2021) Call For Presentations
UKNOF46 will take place on 19 January in the ether, and the Programme Committee are seeking content from the community for this meeting.
UKNOF's remit is "distribution of clue", and for our first meeting of 2021, we are looking for content which is both operationally relevant and our 'normal' operational remit.
The whole session is planned for 3 - 5 hours and with this in mind, we are looking for around 10 presentations of 15 minutes or 25 minutes in length (plus 5 minutes for Q&A). We are also interested in lightning talks of 5 minutes in length (no Q&A) and will consider proposals for panel sessions lasting 45 minutes in length.
Topics within the wider subject areas below will be considered:
- 2020 retrospective and forward looking to 2021
- Confessions & War Stories / Lessons learnt from the field
- Data centre design and operations
- DNS infrastructure
- Impact of public policy of network operations
- IPv6 deployment
- Network Automation and Tooling including SDN, Open Source initiatives
- Network hardware/software/configuration architecture, design and operations
- Open protocol standards and best practise initatives
- Peering and interconnection / routing.
- Personal/Network security, inclusivness and abuse prevention
Please submit your proposals using the menu on the left. Submissions are welcome at any time, but for UKNOF46 we would like to have them no later than 7 January 2021 (and we are hoping to publish an initial set of accepted talks so do get your talks in by 18 December if you wish to be included in that).
Our expected timeline is:
- 7 December 2020 - Submissions open via Indico
- 18 December 2020 - Initial Submission Deadline
- 22 December 2020 - Initial Contribution list published
- 7 January 2021 - Final Deadline for submission (23:59 GMT)
- 12 January 2021 - Full agenda published
- 13 January 2021- Deadline for slideset submission and planned rehearsal date
- 19 January 2021 - Meeting
Information for speakers about presenting and what to expect at UKNOF is available at https://wiki.uknof.org.uk/Speaker_Information
Additional information for speakers of UKNOF46:
- your talk will be live broadcast and recorded for future reference
- your presentation slides will be available for delegates and others to download and refer to, before, during and after the meeting
- you will be expected to attend a rehearsal in the week running up to the workshop. This has been tentatively scheuled for Wednesday 13 January. It would be very useful to have your slides (even if draft) ready for this.
Note that in order to preserve editorial neutrality and the best experience for our attendees and sponsors, the UKNOF PC cannot accept abstract submissions for presentations by commercial organisations that are also sponsors in any way of the same UKNOF event. If you would like one of our sponsored presentation slots, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that UKNOF is run on a non-profit basis, and is not in a position to reimburse expenses or time for speakers at its meetings.